Sámi Made and Sámi Duodji
- Sámi certification marks for genuine Sámi made products
Sámi Duodji and Sámi Made are certification marks for sámi produced products, both for traditionally sámi handicrafts (duodji) and also other sámi made products. The purpose of the marks is to guide the buyer that the product is made by a Sámi person or sámi company, and supports sámi handicrafters and sámi creative industries.
The Sámi Duodji certification mark has existed since the 1980s and is a well-known certification mark for genuine sámi traditional handicrafts. The Sámi Duodji certification mark is managed and distributed by the following licensing authorities:
- in Finland - “Sámi Duodji ry" https://www.samiduodji.com/
- in Sweden - "Sámi Duodji, Sameslöjsstiftelsen" https://www.sameslojdstiftelsen.com/
- in Norway - "Duodjeinstituhtta" https://www.duodjein.no/
- in Russia - "Čepes Sam Arts and Crafts Association"
The Sámi Made certification mark is a new trademark developed to support sámi creative industries by giving the buyers knowledge about which products are genuinely Sámi Made. The sámi society experience today a lot of fake sámi products on the market that does not support sámi creatives or the sámi society.
The Sámi Made certification mark will be available on the market from 2022 and is managed and distributed by the Saami Council.
Apply for the Sámi certification marks?
Applications for the certification must be sent in digitally via this website.Statues for the Sámi Duodji and Sámi Made certification marks are found here.